5160 Yellowstone Avenue Chubbuck, ID 83202.

About Ben Eckenroed

This author has not yet filled in any details.
So far Ben Eckenroed has created 9 blog entries.

Why is a fire engine sent when I call for an ambulance?

All Chubbuck Fire Department personnel are dual-trained in fire suppression and emergency medical services. This means that Chubbuck firefighters are capable of working on fire engines and trucks as well as on ambulances. The fire engine or truck which usually arrives first on the emergency scene carries all necessary equipment to provide emergency medical treatment […]

What type of fire extinguisher is best for my home?

A multi-purpose fire extinguisher is best for the home. Look for and extinguisher with a rating of at least 2A:10B:C on the label. These types of extinguishers can be used on any type of fire commonly occurring in the home. They will often be labeled “ABC” or “All Purpose” and can be purchased in most […]

Can I get my blood pressure checked at the fire station?

Yes. Chubbuck Fire offers this free service at all fire stations. Please know that crews might be absent from the station due to emergency calls or training activities.

Where can I get a burn permit?

Open burning permits to burn garden waste or tree branches can be purchased for the City of Chubbuck, North Bannock County Fire District and the Eastern Power County Fire District at the Chubbuck Fire Station. Permits are not needed for campfires. The campfire shall not to exceed 3 feet in diameter, 2 feet high, and […]

Can I grill on my apartment’s balcony or patio?

Open flame cooking devices, charcoal, and other similar devices used for cooking shall not be located (stored) or used on combustible balconies, decks, or within 10 feet of combustible construction. These devices may be used if the balcony or deck is fire sprinkled and allowed by the apartment management.

Can I have a Chimenea or fire pit in my back yard?

Chimeneas and covered fire pits are allowed and not to exceed 3 feet in diameter, 2 feet high with a screen cover, and located 25 feet from a building or property line are allowed on single family property.

Can I take my dog for a walk in the city parks?

Of course. We simply ask that you be a responsible and considerate dog owner.

You must keep your dog on leash. Some people prefer to not be approached by even the nicest dog. Dogs are excited and unpredictable when meeting other dogs and children. Remember that you are ultimately responsible for the actions of your pet. […]

Why are the bathrooms and tennis courts locked?

Unfortunately, we have had a great deal of vandalism done to the buildings and courts. Vandalism and graffiti are both senseless acts of destruction that cost the City’s taxpayers thousands of dollars each year. Hours of labor and expensive graffiti removal chemicals are required to restore structures to original conditions if that can be achieved. […]

Can I reserve park fields or other facilities?

The answer to this question depends on what you would like to reserve:
The pavilions at Bicentennial Park, Heritage Park and Stuart Park along with the gazebo at Cotant Park can be reserved for your gathering. Please visit our park reservation web page for availability, information and to download the reservation application forms. Pavilions or other […]