City Offices will be closed on Friday July 3, 2020. City Offices will reopen on Monday July 6, 2020 at 8:00am. Sanitation and Recycling Routes will run on their normal schedule. Please remember to always have your sanitation and recycle can out by 7:00 AM.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
CITY OF CHUBBUCK, IDAHO
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Land Use & Development Commission of the City of Chubbuck, Idaho, will conduct a public hearing at 7:00 PM on July 14, 2020. Due to COVID-19 and CDC best practices for social distancing, the public meeting will occur via web-conference and telephone. Details on how to attend the meeting and participate are found below. Public hearings will be held with respect to the following items:
- An application for annexation of approximately 9.64 acres of land into the City of Chubbuck and to include the property in the Limited Commercial (C-1) Zone. The Comprehensive Plan Future Land Use map designates this area for Mixed Use development and a small portion for Medium Density Residential development. Property is in the SW 1/4 of Section 4, Township 6 South, Range 34 East of the Boise Meridian, Idaho. The affected property is generally located at the northeast corner of Philbin Road and Chubbuck Road. Type of Action: Recommendation.
2. A proposal by city staff to delete existing section of City Code, 18.12.030.N Permit Procedures for Residential Rental Dwellings, and replacing it with a new Chapter 18.10 Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs), setting forth a new purpose, procedures, standards, and other criteria for future ADUs within the City of Chubbuck; to amend section 18.08.040 General Controls to clarify the process for neighbors comment on ADUs, and to amend section 18.12.040.A Miscellaneous Supplemental Controls to include ADUs.
A complete description of each item is available to the public on request at the City Office. Any and all persons may register comments, protests, or agreements on the hearing subjects being considered. Written testimony must be received by the Planning Department at least 7 days prior to the hearing, shall comply with standards established in City Code 18.28.020.D.7., and shall be considered public record. Commission packets will be available at the City Office on July 7, 2020 and will include written testimony received prior to the deadline. Oral testimony concerning these proposals may be offered during the public hearing. Commission may limit oral testimony. Any person needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact Planning Manager Don Matson at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
This meeting will be available to the public electronically or by phone.
To join the meeting on Zoom:
Meeting ID: 889 1831 3483
Or to Join by Phone:
+1 669 900 6833 US
+1 346 248 7799 US
Land Use & Development Commission
Kami Morrison, Office Administrator
Publish Date: 6.28.20
CHUBBUCK DAYS 2020
Parade and Festival – August 8, 2020, Please Join Us!
We are moving forward with plans to hold the 2020 Chubbuck Days Celebration on Saturday, August 8, 2020. The Parade starts at 10:00 AM and the Festival at Cotant Park will follow the parade at 11:00 AM. To register your organization or business, just fill out the forms below and send it to the City of Chubbuck by July 15th. For questions or arrangements call Wendy Butler at 237-2430 ext. 148.
IMPORTANT: You must sign up by July 15! Late sign-ups will not be assured a place and after July 30, no entries will be accepted.
Parade Registration: https://forms.cityofchubbuck.us/Forms/ChubbuckDaysParade
Festival Registration: https://forms.cityofchubbuck.us/Forms/ChubbuckDayFestival
City of Chubbuck to Resume Water Service Shutoffs.
After suspending water service shutoffs and account late fees since late March, the City of Chubbuck will resume shutting off services and accessing late fees for delinquent accounts.
Per City ordinance, account holders who have not paid in full by the 15th of each month are considered delinquent. If the water account is still past due the following month, the services will be scheduled for disconnect. All delinquent accounts will be notified by mail, each month and will be notified by phone before services are disconnected.
Payments for past-due amounts can be made:
- Online bill pay at cityofchubbuck.us
- Direct Pay
- Xpress Bill Pay
- Mailing a check
- Drop Box (located at the south end of the City Hall Parking lot)
- Or in person at the utility billing window
Please make sure that your account contact information is up to date. For any questions or to update your information by phone please contact the Utility Billing Department at 208.417.7175 or in person at 5160 Yellowstone Ave.
May 28, 2020
Council Meetings and Public Hearings
City of Chubbuck City Council Meeting’s will now be back to being held in the Council Chamber at Chubbuck City Hall 5160 Yellowstone Ave. To comply with Governor Little’s Stage 3 requirements of a maximum of 50 people and to follow social distancing standards of a minimum of six feet, ALL Public Hearing’s will continue to be held electronically, until further notice.
All City Council, Chubbuck Development Authority, and Land Use and Development Commission Public Hearing’s will be conducted via Zoom Teleconferencing, in accordance with a Proclamation signed by Governor Little on March 13, 2020 suspending section 74-203(5) and requiring ALL Public Meetings to be held electronically or by phone.
Residents are encouraged to participate in all Public Hearings via distant platforms
Call- in information will be posted with meeting agendas.
Please contact the Clerk’s Office at 208.237.2400 with any questions.
5160 Yellowstone Avenue
PO Box 5604
Chubbuck, ID 83202