UPDATE: Due to weather delays New Day Parkway will remain closed for vehicular traffic until March 18th. The following week (3/21) New Day Parkway will reopen for one way traffic. Thank you for cooperation and patience.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
AMENDED BUDGET FOR FISCAL YEAR 2022
CITY OF CHUBBUCK
Notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of Chubbuck, Idaho, will hold a public hearing for consideration of a proposed amended budget for the fiscal period October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2022: and an amended fiscal appropriation ordinance for said period, and pursuant to the provisions of Section 50-1002, 50-1003, 50-1106, Idaho Code, said hearing to be held at the Chubbuck Council Chambers at 290 East Linden, Chubbuck, Idaho, at 6:00pm Wednesday March 16, 2022. At said hearing, all interested persons may appear and show cause, if any they have, why said amended budget should not be adopted or why the fiscal appropriation ordinance as amended should not be approved in accordance therewith.
City Hall and the Council Chambers are accessible to persons with disabilities. For accessibility arrangements, please contact City Clerk Joey Bowers at 237.2400.
The following is an estimate, set forth in said amended budget of the proposed increases in expenditure of the City of Chubbuck, Idaho, for the period October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2022. All other expenditures shall remain without change as set forth in the original appropriation ordinance adopted August 18, 2021. Said amounts are set forth by fund as follows:
Fund Original Expenditure Proposed Expenditure Net Increase
Water $2,750,000 $3,277,000 $527,000
Wastewater $3,250,000 $3,506,000 $256,000
Sanitation $1,850,000 $3,126,900 $1,276,900
I, Joey Bowers, City Clerk of the City of Chubbuck, Idaho do hereby certify that the above is a true and correct statement of the proposed amended expenditures by fund of said fiscal period and of the entire estimated revenue of the City of Chubbuck, Idaho for said period. Adjustments are necessary to account for additional expenditures made from previous fund balances, that will be utilized but were not included in the FY22 budget plan. Revenues include fund balance carryover. A detailed statement is available at the Chubbuck City Offices.
Dated this 23rd day of February 2022.
Chubbuck City Clerk
Please publish twice, February 27th and March 8th, 2022.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
CITY OF CHUBBUCK, IDAHO
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Land Use & Development Commission of the City of Chubbuck, Idaho, will conduct a Public Hearing at 6:00 pm on March 8, 2022 at Chubbuck City Council Chambers, 290 East Linden Ave., Chubbuck, Idaho. Public hearings will be held with respect to the following items:
- An application for a Conditional Use Permit to construct apartments in the Agriculture (A) The site is under conditional approval to be included in the Commercial General (C-2) zone and comprises approximately 8 acres of land. Subject property is generally located on the north side of Knudsen Blvd. and east of Hawthorne Rd. in Chubbuck, Idaho in the NW ¼ of Section 10, Township 6 South, Range 34 East of the Boise Meridian, Idaho. The Comprehensive Plan Future Land Use map designates this area as Commercial. The application will be reviewed against criteria in section 18.28.020.C.5 of City Code. Type of Action: Decision. (Action Item)
- An application for initial designation of property into the Limited Residential P (R-2P) Land Use District (zone) that is proposed to be annexed into the City of Chubbuck. The subject property comprises approximately 12.87 acres of land and is located at the northwest corner of Lea Ave and N Lamar St in Chubbuck, Idaho. The Comprehensive Plan Future Land Use map designates this area as Low Density Residential and Medium Density Residential. The application will be reviewed against criteria in section 18.28.050.B.8 of city code. Type of Action: Recommendation. (Action Item)
- A proposal by City Staff to update several sections of City Code: Chapter 5.36, Sexually Oriented Businesses, correlating definitions of sexually oriented business with Title 18, Land Use; Chapter 16.12, Engineering Standards, correcting widths for standard streets; Chapter 17.12, Platting Requirements and Procedures, changing review requirements from calendar days to business days and removing requirements for reproducible mylar copies of plats; Chapter 18.06 Land Use Definitions, changing Drive-in Establishment to Drive-in / Drive-through Establishment and changing Sexually Oriented Business references to Idaho Statues and adding a reference to City Code Chapter 5.36, Sexually Oriented Businesses; Chapter 18.08.040 Land Uses by District, changing Drive-in restaurant to Drive-in / drive-through establishment; Chapter 18.046 Off Street Parking Requirements, reordering land uses by group; Chapter 18.12.030.E Supplemental Controls for Particular Uses, changing Drive-in establishments to Drive-in / drive-through establishments; Chapter 18.14 Landscaping, clarifying minimum area of landscape strips along rights-of-way; Chapter 18.20.040 Procedure for Approval of a PUD, reducing public hearing requirements to correspond with recently adopted changes in other sections of code; and Chapter 18.20.070 PUD Development Standards, establishing Minimum Front Yard Setbacks and re-ordering the waivers and adjustments for potential approval with a PUD. The application will be reviewed against criteria in section 18.28.050.B.8 of city code. Type of Action: Recommendation. (Action Item)
- An amendment to the Comprehensive Plan to adopt a new chapter establishing goals and policies in the area bounded by the centerline of Chubbuck Road at the north, the western right-of-way line of the Union Pacific Railroad, the north right-of-way line of Interstate 86, and the centerline of Yellowstone Avenue, including amending the functional class road system map and future land use map. The amendment will be considered against criteria in section 18.28.040.D. of city code. Type of Action: Recommendation. (Action Item)
- A petition by the City of Chubbuck to create a new Chapter 18.18 Chubbuck Village and two new land use districts, Highway Corridor (HC) and Village (V); to change the Land Use District (zone) from General Commercial (C-2) to a new district, Highway Corridor (HC), on approximately 17 acres of land comprising several parcels with Chubbuck Road at the north, Yellowstone Avenue at the west, Interstate 86 at the south, and east from Yellowstone Avenue approximately 250 feet to the eastern boundary line of each parcel bordering the east side of Yellowstone Avenue, including parcels on the north side of E Burnside Avenue; and to change the Land Use District (zone) from General Commercial (C-2) and Limited Residential (R-2) to a new district, Village (V), on approximately 53 acres of land comprising multiple parcels with Chubbuck Road at the north, Yellowstone Avenue at the west, Interstate 86 at the south, Central Way at the east, Evans Lane and the southern boundary of the property located at 5432 Burley Drive at the south, and the Union Pacific Railroad at the east, excluding parcels as described above to be included in the Highway Corridor (HC) zone; setting forth the purpose and intent, special provisions and relations to other chapters of city code, and a regulating plan for the two districts; establishing special standards within the two districts for streets and right-of-way, building design and sidewalk frontage, land and building uses, landscaping, parking, and signage; amending Chapter 18.06 Definitions, adding definitions of form-based zoning and traditional Euclidian zoning; amending Chapter 18.08 Land Use Districts and General Controls with clarifications of relationship to different General Controls in Chapter 18.18 Chubbuck Village, Chapter 18.20 Planned Unit Developments, and Chapter 18.21 Creative Communities. The Comprehensive Plan Future Land Use Map currently designates the area for Commercial or Employment uses, and is under consideration to change to a new area, Chubbuck Village, per draft chapter 16 of the Comprehensive Plan. The application will be reviewed against criteria in section 18.28.050.B.8 of city code. Type of action: (Action Item)
Written testimony must be received by firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days prior to the hearing, shall comply with standards established in City resolution 2021-06. A complete description of each item is available to the public on request to email@example.com. Commission packet will be available upon request to the same email by March 2, 2022. Any and all persons may register comments, protests, or agreements on the hearing subjects being considered. Oral testimony concerning these proposals may be offered at the public hearing. Commission may limit oral testimony.
Any person needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact the City Clerk, Joey Bowers at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
Joey Bowers, City Clerk
Publish: February 20, 2022
City Offices will be closed on Monday February 21, 2022. City Offices will reopen on Tuesday February 22, 2022 at 7:30am. Sanitation and Recycling Routes will run on their normal schedule. Please remember to always have your garbage and recycle can out by 7:00 AM.