IDAHO DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND WELFARE
ORDER OF THE DIRECTOR
ORDER TO SELF-ISOLATE
DATE OF ORDER: March 25, 2020
DATE OF AMENDMENT: April 15, 2020
THIS ORDER DIRECTS ALL INDIVIDUALS LIVING IN THE STATE OF IDAHO TO SELF-ISOLATE AT THEIR PLACE OF RESIDENCE.
- EXCEPT THAT THEY MAY LEAVE TO PROVIDE OR RECEIVE CERTAIN ESSENTIAL SERVICES OR ENGAGE IN CERTAIN ESSENTIAL ACTIVITIES AND WORK FOR ESSENTIAL BUSINESS AND GOVERNMENT SERVICES;
- EXEMPTING INDIVIDUALS EXPERIENCING HOMELESSNESS FROM THE SELF-ISOLATION ORDER BUT URGING THEM TO FIND SHELTER AND GOVERNMENT AGENCIES TO PROVIDE IT;
- DIRECTING ALL BUSINESSES AND GOVERNMENTAL AGENCIES TO CEASE NONESSENTIAL OPERATIONS AT PHYSICAL LOCATIONS IN THE STATE OF IDAHO;
- PROHIBITING ALL NON-ESSENTIAL GATHERINGS OF ANY NUMBER OF INDIVIDUALS; AND
- ORDERING CESSATION OF ALL NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL.
On March 25, 2020, pursuant to the Constitution of the state of Idaho and Sections 46-601 and 46-1008, Idaho Code, the Governor ordered the Director of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare (“the Director”) to issue this Order to Self-Isolate.
The Director of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare is authorized by Idaho Code § 56-1003(7) “to impose and enforce orders of isolation and quarantine to protect the public from the spread of infectious or communicable diseases.” This Order originally became effective at 1:30 p.m. on March 25, 2020 and will continue to be in effect until 11:59 p.m. on April 30, 2020 or until it is extended, rescinded, superseded, or amended in writing by the Director. Click the Link for a complete copy of the Order to SELF-ISOLATE
***The amendments to this Order contained herein are made to Section 1, Section 7 regarding travel into Idaho, Section 8.f.xxv regarding certain businesses, and Section 8.g.iii regarding Minimum Basic Operations. This amendment is effective as of April 15, 2020 and will continue to be in effect until 11:59 p.m. on April 30, 2020 or until it is extended rescinded, superseded, or amended in writing by the Director