- This event has passed.
City Council Meeting
August 19, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
City of Chubbuck
Council Meeting Agenda
August 19, 2020 – 6:00pm
Chubbuck City Hall
5160 Yellowstone Ave.
Call to Order: Mayor England.
Pledge Allegiance to the Flag: Councilmember Evans
Council Members Present:
Staff Members Present:
Amend Council Meeting Agenda:
Approval of Minutes: August 5, 2020. (Action Item).
- An application for annexation of approximately 9.64 acres of land into the City of Chubbuck and to include the property in the Limited Commercial (C-1) Zone. The subject property is in the SW ¼ of Section 4, Township 6 South, Range 34 East of the Boise Meridian, Idaho. The affected parcels are generally located at the northeast corner of Philbin Road and Chubbuck Road. The Comprehensive Plan Future Land Use map designates this area for Mixed Use development and a small portion for Medium Density Residential development. Following a public hearing on July 14, 2019 the Land Use and Development Commission recommended approval of the petition.
- A public hearing to consider the transfer of property from the Chubbuck Development Authority (CDA) to the City of Chubbuck for approximately 0.3 acres of property located near the new City Hall building at the corner of Burley Drive and E Linden, in accordance with Idaho Code § 67-2323. The CDA and City propose via memorandum of understanding to transfer the property for a sum of $51,796 and that the payment shall be in the form of a credit towards the funds owed from the CDA to the City for administrative reimbursements. The transfer of property is necessary to accommodate additional lands needed for parking area for the new City Hall facility. The land had previously been acquired by the CDA for the purpose of street and lot construction in accordance with the urban renewal plan.
- Approval of Annexation with Commercial (C-1) Zoning. (Action Item).
(Council will discuss the annexation of 9.64 acres with Commercial (C-1) Zoning.
- Approval of Memorandum of Understanding with the Chubbuck Development Authority. (Action Item).
(Council will discuss a memorandum of understanding with the CDA to transfer .3 acres of property to the city due to the land’s consumption for City Hall design needs).
- Presentation by Idaho Water Company.
(Council will discuss a presentation on available water rights).
- Acceptance of 2020 Fog Seal Roadway Project Bid. (Action Item).
(Council will discuss and award fog seal bids).
- Adoption of Ordinance XXX Appropriations for FY2021. (Action Item)
(Council will discuss the adoption of a budget for FY2021).
- Adoption of Resolution XX-XXXX Accrue Forgone Property Taxes. (Action Item)
(Council will discuss the intent and purpose of collecting forgone taxes.)
- Approval of Renewal of Annual Appropriation Certificates of Participation Series 2019. (Action Item)
(Council will discuss the renewal of the annual appropriation lease certificates of participation series 2019).
- Review and Discuss Water and Wastewater Utility Fee Rates.
(Council will discuss a water and wastewater user fee rate study).
- City of Chubbuck claims for August 19, 2020 as presented to Mayor England and Council. (Action Item).
This meeting will be available to the public electronically or by phone.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 853 8604 8616
General information on joining a Zoom meeting can be found at:
Or to Join by Phone:
+1 669 900 6833 US
+1 346 248 7799 US
City Hall and the City Council Chambers are accessible for persons with disabilities. Any person needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact City Clerk, Joey Bowers at 208.237.2400 at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.