- This event has passed.
City Council Meeting
September 16 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
City of Chubbuck
Council Meeting Agenda
September 16, 2020 – 6:00pm
Chubbuck City Hall
5160 Yellowstone Ave.
Call to Order: Mayor England.
Pledge Allegiance to the Flag: Councilmember Heiner
Council Members Present:
Staff Members Present:
Amend Council Meeting Agenda:
Approval of Minutes: September 2, 2020. (Action Item).
- Constitution Week
- An application for annexation of approximately 9.64 acres of land into the City of Chubbuck and to include the property in the Limited Commercial (C-1) Zone. The subject property is in the SW ¼ of Section 4, Township 6 South, Range 34 East of the Boise Meridian, Idaho. The affected parcels are generally located at the northeast corner of Philbin Road and Chubbuck Road. The Comprehensive Plan Future Land Use map designates this area for Mixed Use development and a small portion for Medium Density Residential development. Following a public hearing on July 14, 2019 the Land Use and Development Commission recommended approval of the petition.
- A public hearing, pursuant to Idaho code 50-1002, will be held for consideration of the proposed reserve of forgone property taxes for the fiscal year October 1, 2020, to September 30, 2021. The hearing will be held at Chubbuck City Council Chambers, 5160 Yellowstone Ave, Chubbuck, Idaho at 6:00pm on September 16, 2020. All interested persons are invited to appear and show cause, if any, why such reserve should or should not be adopted. Copies of the proposed City Budget are available at Chubbuck City Hall during regular office hours.
- NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City Council of the City of Chubbuck, Idaho, will conduct a Public Hearing at 6:00 pm on September 16, 2020. Due to COVID-19 and CDC best practices for social distancing, the public meeting will occur via web-conference and telephone, in accordance with Idaho Code 63-1311A, and with respect to the following items: to consider public comment regarding proposed fee increases in excess of five percent (5%) of the amount of the fee last collected or regarding proposed new fees with respect to Returned Check Fee, Delinquent Fee for Past Due Balance on Account, Out For Shut Off, Mechanical Base Permit, Building Re-inspections Beyond Second Re-inspection, Building Inspections Outside of Regular Office Hours, Planned Unit Development Application, Zoning Development Agreement, Creative Community Zone Change, Variance Administrative, Zoning Certification/Compliance Letter Standard and Expedited, Floodplain Development Permit for Building and for Development, Public Hearings Cost of Publication for Hearings and Mailing of Notices, Plat/Construction Plan Review and Re-inspections beyond a second re-review of a required phase, Home Occupation, Contractor License, Sewer Treatment Connection and Capacity Fees passed through from the City of Pocatello, ¾” Meter Materials Fee , 1” Water Meter, 1” Meter Materials, 2” Meter Materials Turbine, and 2” Compound Meter Materials and Greater than a 2” Meter Materials Fee.
- Presentation by Teresa McKnight from REDI.
(Council will discuss a presentation by the Regional Economic Development for Eastern Idaho).
- Approval of Annexation with Commercial (C-1) Zoning. (Action Item).
(Council will discuss the annexation of 9.64 acres with Commercial (C-1) Zoning.
- Adoption of Resolution 2020-02 Accrue Forgone Property Taxes. (Action Item).
(Council will discuss the intent and purpose of collecting forgone taxes.)
- Adoption of Resolution XXX City Fees. (Action Item).
(Council will discuss all public and department fees for the City).
- Approval of Alpine Crossing 1B Final Plat. (Action Item).
(Council will discuss the application and if it meets City code).
- Acceptance of Downtown/City Hall Street Development Bid. (Action Item).
(Council will discuss and award street development bids).
- City of Chubbuck claims for September 16, 2020 as presented to Mayor England and Council. (Action Item).
This meeting will be available to the public electronically or by phone.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 831 8064 6831
Or to Join by Phone:
+1 669 900 6833 US
+1 346 248 7799 US
General information on joining a Zoom meeting can be found at:
City Hall and the City Council Chambers are accessible for persons with disabilities. Any person needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact City Clerk, Joey Bowers at 208.237.2400 at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.