- This event has passed.
City Council Meeting
August 7, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
City of Chubbuck
Council Meeting Agenda
August 7, 2019 – 6:00pm
Chubbuck City Hall
5160 Yellowstone Ave.
Call to Order: Mayor England.
Pledge Allegiance to the Flag: Councilmember Lewis
Invocation: President Cesar Salgado from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Council Members Present:
Staff Members Present:
Amend Council Meeting Agenda:
Approval of Minutes: July 17, 2019, & July 18, 2019. (Action Item).
- An application by Lyn Yost on behalf of the New Day District landowners to change the name of a portion of Siphon Road to “New Day Parkway”, with the portion requested to be renamed being located only between Yellowstone Avenue and the new I-15 Northgate Interchange.
- Proposed amendment to sections 18.08.010 and 18.08.040 to require a conditional use permit for a duplex unit if proposed in an existing development and not if disclosed on the preliminary and final plat in a new development. Following a public hearing, on July 9, 2019, the Land Use and Development Commission recommended not approving the amendment as proposed but instead to not amend section 18.08.010 and to modify section 18.08.040 of City Code to require conditional use permits for duplexes.
- Adding a new chapter 18.34 to Title 18, Land Use of the Chubbuck Municipal Code for the Creative Community – Harvest Springs (CC-HS) zoning district and to set forth land use and development regulations within said district. The chapter sets forth the intent, purpose, and boundary of the new zoning district; provides for development and design standards including number of allowable units, establishment of land use designation areas, setbacks, lot configurations, height maximums, maximum and minimum density and occupied floor area specifications and open space requirements and uses allowable within the designation areas; provides general standards; a schedule of general controls, provides parking, signage, street, landscaping, parks and open space standards; provides processes for plan amendments and deviations, appeals and administration. Following a public hearing on July 9, 2019 the Land Use and Development Commission recommended approval of the draft chapter as presented.
- A proposed budget for the fiscal year 2020 from October 1, 2019, to September 30, 2020, pursuant to Idaho code 50-1002.
- Approval to Change the Name of a Portion of Siphon Road to “New Day Parkway”.
(Council will discuss the application and if it meets City code). (Action Item).
- Approval to Amend Sections 18.08.010 & 18.08.040 to Require a Conditional Use Permit for a Duplex.
(Council will discuss the amendment and if it meets City code). (Action Item).
- Adoption of Ordinance XXX Section 18.34 Creative Community Harvest Springs Zoning District (CC-HS).
(Council will discuss adding section 18.34 to City code). (Action Item).
- Adoption of Ordinance XXX Change of Land Use District. (Action Item).
(Council will discuss a change in land use from Agricultural (A) to Creative Community- Harvest Springs (CC-HS)).
- Acceptance of Hawthorne Road Reconstruction Bid. (Action Item).
(Council will discuss and award reconstruction bids).
- City of Chubbuck claims for August 7, 2019 as presented to Mayor England and Council. (Action Item).
City Hall and the City Council Chambers are accessible for persons with disabilities. Any person needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact City Clerk, Joey Bowers at 208.237.2400 at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.