City of Chubbuck
Council Meeting Agenda
May 17, 2023
City Hall Council Chambers
290 East Linden
Call to Order: Mayor England
Pledge Allegiance to the Flag: Councilmember Hernandez
Council Members Present:
Staff Members Present:
Amend Council Meeting Agenda:
Approval of Minutes: May 3, 2023 (Action Item)
- Finding real property of the City of Chubbuck located at Lot 13 Block 1 and Lot 3 Block 3 of The Grove – Division No. 1 as no longer useful or necessary and declaring such real property to be surplus property with the following terms. The Council finds that the 2 lots have no public purposes beyond which exist by easement or right-of-way; the Council declares the 2 lots as surplus property; the Council will not contract for an appraisal since the costs of the appraisal likely will exceed valuations of the properties due to the sizes, dimensions, easements, and lack of access and development opportunities, The Council establishes a minimum value of $500 per lot to cover administrative expenses associated with the disposal; and The Council requires that the winning bidders of the auctions pay all closing and other costs associated with the sale of the property. The Council establishes that other terms and conditions of the sales shall be consistent with standard real estate transactions, and require buyers and their heirs and assigns to consent to not protest a future canal trail, and that any buyer will on behalf of their heirs and assigns will agree that each full parcel shall be subject to an easement for future trails, and that such easement shall run with the land. Further, if no bids are received, pursuant to Idaho Code 50-1403(1), the Council will sell the lots by offering them for sale on the open market subject to, and conditioned upon, the same terms as stated above, except that the Council may, by resolution at the sole discretion of the Council, accept an offer deviating from said terms and conditions, and Authorize the City Clerk to publish a Notice of Public Hearing to take comments on the above tentative terms and then to publish a Notice of Intent to sell the surplus real property and to accept sealed bids on a date to be determined by City Staff.
- Review and Discussion on Disposal of Block 1 Lot 13, and Lot 3 Block 3 of The Grove- Division No. 1 as Surplus Property and consider authorizing staff to move forward with disposal of the City Properties within The Grove Subdivision. (Action Item)
(Council will discuss maintaining or disposal of City properties).
- Discussion and Possible Adoption of Ordinance XXX for the Annexation of approximately 497.51 acres of land generally located on the east side of Interstate Highway 15 and approximately 1,100 feet or more north and northeast of Northgate Parkway in Bannock County, Idaho, and Specify the Zoning on 497.51 acres of land as Agriculture (A). (Action Item)
(Council will discuss the annexation of 497.51 acres into the City limits).
- Approval of Firework Permits for 2023. (Action Item).
(Council will discuss the applications and if they meet city code).
- Consideration and Adoption of Resolution XXX to Place an Emergency Moratorium Pursuant to Idaho Code 67-6523 on new or expanded uses of extended stay facilities at any location within City limits which offer lodging to tenants for more than 30 days, excluding bed and breakfasts, recreational vehicle parks, group homes, nursing homes, assisted living centers, short-term rentals, and other like uses. (Action Item)
- Confirm the Appointment for the Chief of Police. (Action Item)
(The council will discuss an appointment to Police Chief).
- City of Chubbuck claims for May 17, 2023 as presented to Mayor England and Council. (Action Item).
Council packets are generally available the week before the meeting at https://cityofchubbuck.us/city-council/ or are available by contacting the City Clerk. City Hall and the City Council Chambers are accessible for persons with disabilities. Any person needing special accommodations to participate in the meeting should contact City Clerk, Joey Bowers at 208.237.2400 at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.