IDAHO DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND WELFARE
ORDER OF THE DIRECTOR
ORDER TO SELF-ISOLATE
DATE OF ORDER: March 25, 2020
THIS ORDER DIRECTS ALL INDIVIDUALS LIVING IN THE STATE OF IDAHO TO SELF-ISOLATE AT THEIR PLACE OF RESIDENCE.
- EXCEPT THAT THEY MAY LEAVE TO PROVIDE OR RECEIVE CERTAIN ESSENTIAL SERVICES OR ENGAGE IN CERTAIN ESSENTIAL ACTIVITIES AND WORK FOR ESSENTIAL BUSINESS AND GOVERNMENT SERVICES;
- EXEMPTING INDIVIDUALS EXPERIENCING HOMELESSNESS FROM THE SELF-ISOLATION ORDER BUT URGING THEM TO FIND SHELTER AND GOVERNMENT AGENCIES TO PROVIDE IT;
- DIRECTING ALL BUSINESSES AND GOVERNMENTAL AGENCIES TO CEASE NONESSENTIAL OPERATIONS AT PHYSICAL LOCATIONS IN THE STATE OF IDAHO;
- PROHIBITING ALL NON-ESSENTIAL GATHERINGS OF ANY NUMBER OF INDIVIDUALS; AND
- ORDERING CESSATION OF ALL NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL.
The Director of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare (“the Director”) is authorized by Idaho Code § 56-1003(7) “to impose and enforce orders of isolation and quarantine to protect the public from the spread of infectious or communicable diseases.”
This Order shall become effective at 1:30 p.m. on March 25, 2020 and will continue to be in effect until 11:59 p.m. on April 15, 2020 or until it is extended, rescinded, superseded, or amended in writing by the Director.
Please read this Order carefully. Violation of or failure to comply with this Order could constitute a misdemeanor punishable by fine, imprisonment, or both. Idaho Code § 561003(7)(c).
The virus that causes Coronavirus 2019 Disease (“COVID-19”) is easily transmitted, especially in group settings, and it is essential that the spread of the virus be slowed to protect the ability of public and private health care providers to handle the influx of new patients and safeguard public health and safety. Click the Link for a complete copy of the Order to SELF-ISOLATE