Recommended Use Of Social Media
The purpose of the City’s social media sites is to create a space for open discussion and interaction with the City of Chubbuck. The sites are also methods for the City to communicate matters of public interest concerning the City’s programs, activities, news stories and photos. The City welcomes public comment and invites engagement in civil conversation.
The City’s official website www.cityofchubbuck.us is the City’s primary means of internet communication. Wherever possible, City social media accounts should link back to the City’s website for forms, documents, online services and other information necessary to conduct business with the City.
City Social Media Accounts are public forums under the First Amendment as visitors to the account or site are able to engage in interactive communications.
- The City does not provide for the posting of photographs or videos by outside individuals or entities on its social media sites, without condition or exception.
- Any advertisement or hyperlink that may appear on the City’s social media sites are not controlled by the City or the City’s departments and do not reflect endorsement by the City or any City departments.
- Comments posted by members of the public on any City social media site are the opinion of the commentator or poster only. Users’ comments do not imply endorsement, or agreement by the City of Chubbuck, nor do such comments reflect the opinions or policies of the City of Chubbuck.
- All postings by visitors to the site are public record as defined by the Idaho Public Records Law and are subject to public disclosure and retention under the City’s record retention policy.
- Visitors to the site should not have any expectations of privacy or confidentiality with respect to any content they post to the site, and the City does not have any responsibility for maintaining visitors’ privacy.
Note that City personnel are not obligated to respond to every message or comment posted on social media pages. Phone calls (208-237-2400) or emails firstname.lastname@example.org to City personnel are the preferred method of communication.
These recommendations may be revised at any time.
The purpose of the City’s social media sites is to communicate matters of public interest concerning city news, programs and activities and to create a space for open interaction. We welcome public comment and invite engagement in civil conversation. All postings by visitors to the site are public record as defined by the Idaho Public Records Law and are subject to public disclosure and retention under the City’s record retention policy. City personnel are not obligated to respond to every message or comment posted on social media pages. Phone calls (208-237-2400) or email email@example.com to City personnel are the preferred method of communication.
Comments made by the public to the City’s social media pages will be reviewed, and while comments will not be edited by City personnel, the City reserves the right to remove unacceptable comments. Examples of unacceptable comments include:
- Comments unrelated to the purpose and topical scope of the page. This page is not meant for comments that do not directly relate to the purpose or topical scope of the page, which includes random or unintelligible comments;
- Profane, obscene or violent language and/or content;
- Defamatory, personal attacks or invasion of personal privacy;
- Threats to any person or organization;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates harassment or discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression; or any other basis protected by law.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Any comments for the solicitation of commerce that is not related to the City of Chubbuck or its business partners, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale;
- Comments in support of, or opposition to, political campaigns, or candidates
- Encouragement, solicitation to commit, or speech integral to, illegal activity;
- Comments intended to incite conduct in violation of any federal, state, or local laws;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest, such as trademark, patent, or copyright, of any other party; or
- Confidential or proprietary information.
Users who habitually post comments in violation of these content rules may be blocked from use of the site.
The City does not provide for the posting of photographs or videos on its social media sites. If you have a photograph or video that you would like to share, please contact the City at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users shall have no right of privacy on the City’s social media sites, and such sites may contain public records subject to disclosure pursuant to the Idaho Public Records Act and the City’s records retention schedule.
A comment posted by a member of the public on any City social media site is the opinion of the commentator or poster only. Publication of a comment does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by the, City of Chubbuck, nor do such comments reflect the opinions or polices of the City of Chubbuck.
These terms may be revised at any time.
A User’s submission, “friending”, posting, liking/faving, emoji, or any other publication of a comment on a City’s social media website constitutes acceptance of these terms.
Hours of Operation
City Hall Lobby Hours
Monday thru Thursday 7:30am-12pm (Noon) & 1pm-5:30pm. Friday 7:30am-11:30am by Phone & Appointment Only.
City Hall will be closed Monday thru Thursday from 12pm-1pm for Lunch.
Mandatory Lobby Guidelines
- Follow social distancing standards of a minimum of six feet between you and others.
- Only 4 People in the Front Lobby at a Time.
- Only 1 Person/Household at the Window at a Time.
City Hall / Mayor's Office
Chubbuck, ID 83202
Inspections / Permits
Chubbuck, ID 83202
Chubbuck, ID 83202
Chubbuck, ID 83202